Bombay Times Fashion Week highlights
The Bombay Times Fashion Week ended on a high note at The St. Regis, Mumbai. The 3 day long fashion extravaganza was a celebration of creativity and style. Fashion greats such as Pallavi Jaikishen, Swapnil Shinde, Neeta Lulla as well as talented designers like Arpita Mehta, Delna Poonawalla, Adaa Malik, Pallavi Jaikishen set the ramps on fire with their fabulous collections.
Have a look at some highlights of the shows.
1. Designer Neeta Lulla was the fitting curtain to this celebration of fashion. Her Edwardian inspired collection of trousseau wear comprised of lehengas, anarkalis and draped saris as well as red carpet and cocktail gowns. Showstopper Sushmita Sen stunned on the ramp.
2. Gehana’s Jewellery and Designer Arpita Mehta’s imaginative take on party wear saw a fusion of traditional and the western looks. The young and spritely collection befitted the vivacious Yami Gautam who made every head turn.
3. Disha Patani turned showstopper for Kalki Fashion. They showed their wedding collection ‘Athena’. The show was a free-flowing, Moroccan inspired theme which brought alive the fluidity of the breathtaking in its true spirit.
4. Soha Ali Khan stunned the ramp after years in a Pallavi Goyal Ensemble. Designer Pallavi Goel’s collection of bridal wear, ‘ Khwabeeda’, fascinated everybody. The petit point embroidery which was used by the royal families of France in the 18th century was the base of this gorgeous collection.
5. Actor Rhea Chakraborty walked the ramp for RAR studios. The collection was a tribute towards the heritage and crafts of India. Their collection is influenced from Majestic Murals, Floral Bouquets, Arabesque, Mughal pattern and mirror work from Sheesh Mahal.
6. Television Actor Krystle D’Souza made the stage lit in Shazzle Collection. Her Ensemble was called Serafina. Krystle wore the jewellery by Itrana Jewellers.
Speaking at Bombay Times Fashion Week, Rohit Gopakumar, COO, Optimal Media Solutions – Times Group Company said, “It is extremely overwhelming to see the response at Bombay Times Fashion Week (BTFW) edition 3. With our 3rd edition of Bombay Times Fashion Week’ we have grown as a platform for Designers to showcase ‘What’s Next’ of their creations. BTFW has become synonymous to fashion and lifestyle giving a good instinct of it to the fashion lovers across Mumbai. Bombay Times has always been a conduit to disseminate and call-out all that is happening with the fashion industry to its discerning audience. After the successful event this year, we promise to be back the next year with even more unique and beautiful collections by eminent designers, taking the fashion quotient a notch higher. A big thank you to all the participating designers and audience who made this event a grand success.”